The OBGC (Ottawa Board Gaming Community) is a Meetup Group focused on providing a fun, social, and non-competitive environment for people to play board games. Whether you are an experienced gamer, or brand new to the hobby, the OBGC has a welcoming chair at the table for you.
- Members will endeavour to respect the property of others, and will act in an appropriate manner to prevent damaging any games.
- Members should assist in the setup and take-down of any games they participated in.
- Members will be welcoming to all players regardless of their gaming knowledge, history or abilities.
- Members will allow any other player to participate in the game if there are still spots available.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Members will not use profanity or inappropriate comments when involved in a game with children.
The following Code of Conduct is designed to ensure the OBGC Meetup Group maintains a position of repsect, integrity, and credibility with its members, the public at-large, and with any other groups or establishments.
- No behaviors that are abusive in any manner will be allowed. This includes verbal abuse, physical abuse, and emotional abuse.
- No behaviours that may be construed as personal harassment will be allowed. That is, any conduct whether verbal or physical that is discriminating in nature, based upon another person’s race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, sex, age or sexual orientation.
- No behaviors that may be construed as sexual harassment will be allowed. That is, any conduct, comment, gesture or contact of a sexual nature that one would find to be unwanted or unwelcome by any individual.
- No beahviours where participants act in a disruptive manner and thereby ruin the experience for others.